8 Things You Should Know About DFM:
- Dance Feature Magazine (DFM) gives a voice to the visual. We want to go beneath the surface of the visuals and share the dancer's voice and story.
- We are fully web-based. We produce quality content that we want to be accessible to as many readers as possible. We still operate in quarterly (seasonal) issues — each including several magazine sections for a variety of content.
- We are a registered publication that is transparent with our staff and mission. Why? We want to provide a product and a community where you and your dancer can feel safe and celebrated with the best intentions.
- There is no 'catch.' We are asked this often. Seems to good to be true? Perhaps. No fees. No catch.
- Featured dancers and professionals included in Dance Feature Magazine were chosen for their talent, insight and story. We share stories that we feel add value to the dance community.
- We believe in 'Quality Over Quantity.' We will not choose featured dancers or professionals based on the number of followers they have. We also review all of our followers on social media and block anyone who we consider potentially unsafe for our community.
- Since we do not have any fees associated with Dance Feature Magazine, they best way to help us grow is through your support of Feature Apparel. We launched Feature Apparel in April 2018 and we offer unique and comfortable dance-inspired apparel. You can also attend our annual summer event, Dance Feature Fest, which includes dance classes with some of the industry's best teachers, photo sessions, improv rounds and Sounding Board Forums with Editors.
- We used to be a team of two, but Miss Christina, our former Managing Editor has been called in another direction. Don't worry - we're still besties! We are currently searching for a new team member with the perfect skills to support Dance Feature Magazine and Feature Apparel. In the meantime, Miss Denise will continue to usher Dance Feature Magazine and Feature Apparel into the new year!
Denise is the creator and Editor-in-Chief of Dance Feature Magazine. She has her BA in Communication and her MA in Professional Writing with a minor in web design and development. She has more than 20 years of experience in professional writing and communication with more than 300 published features ranging from technical topics to human interest stories. She is a wife and mom to three children: two sons and a daughter (who dances, of course!).